Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks an AR Associate to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The AR Associate, a position that reports to the Accounting Manager, will utilize their prior hands-on accounting experience and will have an in-depth understanding of accounting principles. This position will be responsible for the billing of customers, the collection and application of cash receipts, the follow-up on any discrepancies or customer concerns. Work on open cases from Customer Support. Assist in with areas of the AR team as needed.
- Generates customer statements and accounting reports.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Converts, prepares, reviews and delivers invoices to customers in a timely manner
- Involved in the collection process.
- Work to improve collection efficiency.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of accounting team.
- Assist with complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Utilizes computerized Microsoft software programs (Excel, Outlook, and Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with other Great Minds departments to resolve issues, questions about charges, credits and Purchase Orders.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in for G/L entries, customer invoicing, cash receipts applications, and customer statement generation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Current work experience with financial and accounting systems (Intacct or similar applications).
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.
- Strong Communication and collections skills as well as a good team player.
- Full-time, Exempt Based in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Salary based on experience.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.