Accounts Receivable Associate
United States, Virginia, RichmondAccounting & Finance
Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Associate to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
The AR Associate position reports directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager. The position is responsible for high volume billing, follow-up on account discrepancies/customer concerns, generating relevant reports, collection of outstanding balances and assisting the Accounts Receivable Manager with monthly close.
- Convert, prepare, review and deliver invoices to customers in a timely manner
- Generate customer statements and accounting reports
- Research cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts
- Establish Accounts Receivable monthly, quarterly and annual metric
- Track and manage Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Collect outstanding/past due invoices
- Assist in projecting cash receipts
- Process adjustments for sales tax
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of accounting team
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting/finance team or other departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of experience in customer invoicing, collections, customer statement generation, and general ledger entries
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience with financial and accounting systems (preferred Intacct or similar applications)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of juggle multiple competing tasks, handle frequent distractions and able to work individually and as team member
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organization skills, stress and time management skills
- Proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential situations
- Proactive problem solver, dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Full-time, Exempt Based in Washington, DC (near the Navy Yard Metro) or in Richmond, VA.
- Salary based on experience
- If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.