Accounting Associate II, AP - Expense Reporting
The Accounting Associate II, AP – Expense Reporting is a vitally important position at Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
The Associate Accountant, a position that reports to the Accounting Manager, will perform a variety of accounting and financial duties. This position will be responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable, from recording the expense, issuing payment and attaining signature approval. They will assist the Accounting Manager with monthly close and generating relevant reports.
- Manage Accounts Payable invoice entry and issue payments in a timely manner
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Record credit card allocations and manage receipt tracking
- Oversees the use of Egencia for travel, sets up accounts and trains new employees
- Manages employee expense report through Tallie, includes setting up employee access
- Assist Accounting Manager with tax filings as needed
- Prepares forecast of cash needs based on payment register
- Generates annual 1099s for vendors
- Responsible for understand the COA codes for coding the payables
- Prepares monthly vendor accrual statement for month end close
- Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time
- Utilizes computerized Microsoft software programs (Excel, Outlook and Word) to perform duties and responsibilities
- Monthly GL account analysis and reconciliation
Qualification and Requirements:
- 4-6 years of experience in G/L, accounts payable, payroll and generation of checks.
- 4-year degree majoring in accounting.
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Quickbooks, NetSuite, Intacct or similar applications).
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.
- Experience with Payroll Systems (ADP)
- Full-time, Exempt
- Based in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com. If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.