Accounting Associate AP
Must be available to start immediately.
Must have Intacct experience.
The Accounting Associate is a vitally important position at Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
The Accounting Associate, is a position that reports to the Accounting Manager, will perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties.
This position will be responsible for the AP invoice processing, assist with credit card receipt tracking, manage the fixed asset schedule, booking of prepaids, monthly GL reconciliations, assist the Accounting Manager with monthly close, and generating relevant reports such as the AP aging.
- Utilizes computerized Microsoft software programs (Excel, Outlook, and Word) to perform duties and responsibilities
- Process AP invoices, issue and mail checks, filing
- Researches credit card receipts, codes and posts the receipts
- Develops automated spreadsheets
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records
- Maintains fixed asset schedule and adds new items as needed
- Contributes to General Ledger reconciliations, as requested
- Converts, prepares, reviews and delivers invoices to customers in a timely manner as needed
- Assists in special accounting projects, as requested
- Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time
Qualification and Requirements:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Accounts Payable processing, GL reconciliations and prepaids
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with automated accounting system such as Intacct
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.
- Full-time, Exempt Based in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Please send a resume and cover letter. If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.