United States, Michigan, Farmington HillsSales
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Account Representative.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Account Representative will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds. Account Representatives are an integral part of the Sales Team at Great Minds and are responsible for preparing, delivering and executing a full solution for school systems with GM curricula in print and digital offerings, professional development and implementation support. This is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual to apply his or her skills to support the business growth and mission of Great Minds.
Specifically, the Account Representative will:
- Create strategic plans that identify and develop new sales opportunities in targeted accounts.
- Open doors through prospecting (Target audience: Curriculum Director, Curriculum Coordinator, Coaches, Sometimes Principals and Superintendents).
- Take qualified leads through to close.
- Execute dynamic presentations that captivate school districts
- Work alongside Account Solution Managers and Renewals Account Managers to achieve identified territory goals.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts
- Willingness to make outbound phone calls to schools and school systems
- K12 classroom teaching, PD and/or sales experience a plus
- Working knowledge of sales data systems like Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to present Great Minds materials to small and large audience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail Proactive problem solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Academic and growth mindset
- Commitment to high standards
- Periodically lifting, reaching, and moving product up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time through a combination of domestic air travel and driving a car, including overnight stays
- Full-time, Exempt
- This position is located in Farmington Hills, MI
- This team will have up to four offsites per year where you will be travelling to an office.
- Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
- If selected a background check will be required.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.